Thinking about teeth whitening?
Many people would like to beautify their smile. If your teeth have yellowed, or if they have become stained from drinking coffee, tea or cola, teeth whitening is a relatively simple process that can give you the brighter smile you’re looking for.
Achieving that natural white smile you’ve always wanted is easier than ever thanks to recent advances in teeth whitening, or teeth bleaching as some people refer to it.
Why do teeth darken?
Not all smiles are created equal. Your natural tooth colour is as individual as your hair and skin colour. Some teeth are simply more yellow to begin with, while others darken with aging or the impacts of staining foods and beverages.
Your natural tooth colour can be affected by many factors such as:
- The natural aging process. As you age, the enamel of your teeth wears and more of the yellow dentin shows through.
- Consuming tobacco (smoked or chewed), coffee, tea, colas, red wine, or colourful foods like cherries and blueberries
- Plaque and tartar build-up
- Too much fluoride when your teeth are forming. This can give your teeth a “mottled” look
- Tetracycline antibiotic treatment in childhood
- An injury or trauma to your teeth
There are lots of reasons why people choose to whitening their teeth. Whiter teeth can:
- boost to your confidence and self-esteem
- help you look younger
- spruce up your look for a special event such as a wedding, job interview or class reunion
- help you make a positive first impression
- reverse years of everyday staining
Do it in-office or at home
Our take home whitening system will allow you to achieve a safe and effective whitening process. Since our teeth whitening treatment is supervised, we can use a stronger whitening solution that over the counter teeth whitening kits. What does this mean? With a stronger solution you can get whiter results in less time. Professional supervision also means that common teeth whitening problems such as tooth sensitivity can be mitigated.
Our in-office teeth whitening treatment is the KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching system. This option is great for those who require whitening in a very short amount of time. Developed by internationally renowned cosmetic dentist and bleaching expert Dr. Rod Kurthy, the KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ System is used by thousands of dentists worldwide. It is considered by many to be the most reliable and effective bleaching system ever developed.
Are you ready for a brighter smile?
Before you commit to a teeth whitening treatment, it’s a good idea to make sure your oral health is at it’s best. Old dental fillings and other restorations don’t respond to teeth bleaching, and can be the cause of a dull-looking smile. Gum issues, decay or plaque build-up are best tackled by an exam and deep cleaning before the whitening process begins.
Once you’re sure your oral health is at it’s best, a teeth whitening treatment can be the next step in helping you get a bright, white smile.